Instant Pot Ratatouille
Instant Pot Ratatouille
Vegetarians, rejoice! Ratatouille is basically a potpourri of chopped vegetables that forms into something that can only be described as a vegetable stew so deep in flavor, you forget it’s made of only veggies! Served as the perfect side dish at any temperature or as a meal itself, you’ll absolutely love this rustic dish PACKED full of flavor – it will taste like a wonderful harvest in your mouth! Inspired by Bob Warden’s recipe, this is so easy, HEALTHY and delicious.
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large Vidalia (sweet) onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp of crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 large eggplant, skin on and cut into cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into medium chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into medium chunks
- 1 large zucchini (green squash), cut into discs and the quartered
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into discs and the quartered
- 1 14.5oz can of diced tomatoes, drained (I used one that had basil and garlic in it and was salt free)
- 2 tsp of Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- ½ cup of vegetable broth (I used ½ tsp of Vegetable Better Than Bouillon + ½ cup of water)
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for topping (optional)
Add 1.5 more cups of vegetable broth to make it an AMAZING vegetable soup. Add some Ditalini pasta to that to make it an amazing MINESTRONE soup!
- Add the oil to your Instant Pot and then hit “Sauté” and “Adjust” so it’s on the “More” setting. Once the display reads “Hot” add the onions and stir for about 3 minutes until they begin to soften and get a little color. Add the garlic and stir for another minute and then add the tomato paste and stir well.
- Add all the other vegetables as well as the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and pour the vegetable broth over it when done. Secure the lid and hit “Keep Warm/Cancel” and then hit “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” High Pressure for 6 minutes. When done, allow a natural release for another 6 minutes and follow with a quick release. This will cook the veggies PERFECTLY
- Remove the lid and give it a nice stir and let cool for a few minutes as it will be VERY hot! Don’t worry if it looks a little liquidy – it will thicken as it cools down a little and the vegetables will continue to absorb.
- When cooled, transfer to a serving bowl and serve as a side OR a main and serve it hot, warm, room temperature OR cold! Sprinkle some parmesan cheese for an extra flavor kick.